EF Johnson RS-5300 RS5318 VHF Analog/P25 Digital Radio, Remote Head, CAP ready
Look what we just found in our warehouse!
These US-made EF Johnson radios are ex-US Government units that were previously reserved for a large CAP project. These rock-solid radios have been the go-to choice for CAP users and 2M amateur users for years due to their proven performance, reliability, flexible programmable options, and on-the-fly front-panel programming.
These radios are in 8-10 out of 10 condition and are ready to install:
EF Johnson ES-5318 50W Remote Head VHF radio. 136MHz-174MHz VHF capable. Tested, programmed with test channels. Ready to program with your frequencies.
- Front Panel Programming (FPP) enabled. This rare option was available only to federal government agencies. Allows field programming with no programming cable.
- Analog / P25 digital capable
- AES / DES Encryption options enabled (requires Motorola UCM module)
- Custom CAP front-panel button set with Hi/Lo TX power, other options programmed
- Power cable (short, for termination)
- External speaker pigtail/loopback connector, for internal or external speaker use
- Radio mounting bracket with hardware
- Remote Head with mounting bracket, hardware
- 17' remote head cable
- EF Johnson mic, with new mic hanger bracket
- RFguys.com programming cable ($99.80 value, included at no charge)
- Compatible PCConfigure programming software (download)
- Complete manual set: Operation/User Manual, Installation Manual, Service Manual, PCConfigure Programming Manual (PDF downloads)
Upgrades available (limited qty.):
- Motorola UCM module (DES capable) $50
- Motorola KVL-compatible keyload cable $50 (regular $99.80)
- Hand mic with keypad for repeater access, etc. $20
These radios are almost impossible to find at any price these days, so they won't last long. We also have a very limited number of these radios available in Integrated Head, Dual Head, 100W, and HHC (Hand-Held Control mic aka. "Secret Service") configuration - see our other items.