EF Johnson RS-5300 5317 VHF Analog/P25 Digital Radio, Integrated Head, CAP ready
Just found in our warehouse!
These US-made EF Johnson radios are ex-US Government units that were previously reserved for a large CAP project. These rock-solid radios have been the go-to choice for CAP users and 2M amateur users for years due to their proven performance, reliability, flexible programmable options, and on the fly front-panel programming.
These radios are in 8-10 out of 10 condition and are ready to install:
EF Johnson ES-5317 50W VHF radio. 136MHz-174MHz VHF capable. Tested, programmed with MURS and 2M test channels. Ready to program with your frequencies.
- Front Panel Programming (FPP) enabled. This rare option was available only to federal government agencies. Allows field programming with no programming cable.
- Analog / P25 digital capable, all valid options enabled
- AES / DES Encryption options enabled (requires Motorola UCM module)
- Custom CAP front-panel button set with Hi/Lo TX power, other options programmed
- Power cable (short, for termination)
- External speaker pigtail/loopback connector, for internal or external speaker use
- Radio mounting bracket with hardware
- EF Johnson mic, with new mic hanger bracket
- Compatible PCConfigure programming software (download)
- Complete manual set: Operation/User Manual, Installation Manual, Service Manual, PCConfigure Programming Manual (PDF downloads)
- RFguys.com SKU 33116 programming cable $50 (regular $99.80)
- Motorola UCM module (DES capable) $30
- External speaker w/bracket $20
- Motorola KVL-compatible keyloader cable $50
- Hand mic with keypad for repeater access, etc. $20
These radios are almost impossible to find at any price these days, so they won't last long. We also have a very limited number of these radios available in Remote Head, Dual Head, and HHC (Hand-Held Control mic aka. "Secret Service") configuration - see our other items.